Bonkers Year and Lockdowns!
Looking back on 2020, there is no doubt it has been challenging for each and everyone of us. However, being adaptable and flexible has been the key to survival. Early in 2020 we made the step to take on our first staff member, and within 2 months he was on furlough! Its hard to believe in February we were at the Crossfit European Champs, and after that we transported kit to gyms up and down the country. Within a short few weeks everything changed worldwide, and by April we were in lockdown! However, we still celebrated our first year's anniversary for Gym Jedi Consultancy at a time when we were rapidly changing our focus from B2B to B2C. We were incredibly lucky that Xenios USA, our primary partner, were in the fortunate position in April / May in actually having stock and we were able to meet demand.
As time went by and the COVID situation continued it became clear that, for our gym clients, it was becoming increasingly important to find an alternative solution for them to stay connected to their existing members and equally continue to attract new members whilst still providing classes and workouts for those that want to be part of that gym's community. We were delighted to be part of the launch of Venueserve Fitness (formally Amplify) in providing an online digital solution to resolve that situation. Inevitably during lockdown lots of fitness instructors and gyms jumped on the band wagon of creating workout videos, but for those who want to engage with their regular, professional and trusted set of instructors having a platform that would provide this opporunity was paramount. We were able to help a number of gyms develop and grow their online presence and community thanks to the platform offered by Venueserve Fitness.
As the summer approached and finally the go ahead for gyms to re-open was announced we partnered with new companies to provide further solutions to our clients. We have grown the number of businesses we partner with to reflect not only our own passion for a particular product but because they are equally passionate about what they deliver. We are proud to be partnered with:
- Xenios USA - the core of our business. Jacopo who is the owner and R and D man behind the brand, who lives and breathes Xenios. He is passionate and visionary, and we are exceptionally proud to work with the Xenios USA team. Exciting times ahead. Distribution looms!
- MyZone - using technology to help people feel good about exercise. Engaging and exciting. Building gamification into exercise.
- Urban Strength Bar - an exciting new product designed to strengthen your body through movement, your own body weight and gravity. Seeing is believing. And with every bar sold, you receive access to a wide range of workouts.
- TORQ - natural supplements for sport
- Pulseroll - superb products designed to aid recovery after working out, but also to prepare your body for the workout ahead
- Kitbrix - one bag for all sports! Strong, durable and versatile
- U Perform - science-led, performance-driven supplements including the amazing Active Collagen - feel the difference!
- Zone3 - where passion for sport matters. From nutrition to training, equipment to technique. Wetsuits and swimming accessories, running kit and compression clothing.
- Stericlean – disinfectants and sanitisers to help keep businesses COVID secure
- ClubRight - software solution for clubs offering membership management and class/workout booking options
- Independent Distribution for Synergy - nutritional supplements for Elite Health
We are continually looking to expand our partnership links and we will be working with some new and exciting brands going into 2021. We MUST believe in the products / services our partners offer.
Whilst there have been obstacles to overcome during this year, they have helped us to grow and focus on the things we believe in. And there is plenty more to come in 2021. We are super excited for next year, not least because hopefully, we can see some sort of return to normality in whatever way that may be - vaccinations, treatments will all help.
"There are only two ways to live your life, one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other as though everything is a miracle". - Albert Einstein
Our philospy is very much Fun, Fit, Fresh and we both believe in empowering our family, friends and customers to be the best they can be. This is in effect our mission statement.
"Be a wolf. Be a lion. Set goals. Smash them. Be stronger. Be better. Show people who you are. Never apologise for being awesome. Stay positive. Stay the course.
And do it with PASSION!"
New announcements coming in January about how the business is developing and morphing, and we can't wait to share the journey. For now we wish everyone health and happiness into 2021.
Posted on Dec 31, 2020
The European Championships 2020
Converging at Five Lakes arena near Colchester, Essex, on a weekend in February were some amazing athletes that came from far and wide to challenge…
Posted on Feb 28, 2020
Wow! This was the first time I had ever attended SIBEC and what an experience. 25 years in the industry and a SIBEC virgin! I would liken this…
Posted on Nov 19, 2019
Ironman, not a sprint!
Well where do I start, Lets start at the start line. The intrepidation before you take that dive into working life. This article is about my…
Posted on Oct 10, 2019